NEW MARKET ENTRY
Evaluating and Developing New Market Opportunities
Developing profitable growth opportunities in new or tangential markets can be challenging, but also extremely rewarding when properly developed and implemented. Revenue diversification, competitive advantage, growth and profitability are factors that boards and senior management consider when evaluating expansion into other markets.
Opus Advisory Partners supports clients in all aspects of the market evaluation process, including performing a detailed market and competitive assessment, a buy-versus-build analysis, and various financial and valuation analyses. In addition, our professionals work closely with senior management on all facets of implementation, including the creation of a detailed action plan with responsibilities, timelines, and performance measurement. We work collaboratively with senior management to encourage full scrutiny and achieve consensus on implementation.
In cases where clients seek to enter new markets through acquisitions, Opus is integrally involved with the aforementioned steps in addition to providing full transaction execution capabilities. We can be particularly creative with sourcing and structuring the transaction.
Examples of selected areas we analyze with respect to new markets include:
- Assessment of the competitive landscape (fragmentation, existing offerings, differentiation, quality, pricing, profitability, etc.)
- New entry by acquisition (strategies, seller valuation expectations, integration)
- Buy-versus-build investment analysis
- Valuation and detailed profit & loss projections that including synergies
- Analysis of required key hires
- Product/service differentiation capabilities
- Customers (diversification, purchasing loyalty, margin sensitivity, growth trends, etc.)
- Viability of future organic and tuck-in acquisition growth